Saturday, January 18, 2014

Just a Number

I'm rather quick to tell anyone who is interested that I've lost 85 lbs and went from a size 3XL or 24 to a size XL or 16/14. I'm really proud of my accomplishment and I know that I've made tremendous progress.

Then why is it that a number can throw me into a funk? If I know everything in my closet is a size XL or 16 at the biggest, why should I get depressed when something fits that is gorgeous and beautiful and looks stunning on but is a size 2x or bigger? Sheesh Heather, get it together....it's just a number!

I've lost 20 inches off my waist. 13 or 14 inches off my bust. 18 inches off my hips. The size of the clothing doesn't really matter.

So I'm trying to get over it. At my big event next Saturday, I'll be rocking two gorgeous gowns....(yes, two...I've lost 85 lbs and I deserve to feel amazing:)) One is a size 14 the other is a size 4x. Yes, you read that correctly.....a 4x. I didn't even wear a 4x when I was 300 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment