Monday, May 12, 2014

Buffalo Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole

On Friday, I was craving some spicy wings and decided to make a buffalo chicken and cauliflower casserole. I found a recipe online and then of course adapted it to stay on plan. It was spicy, tasty, and a great substitute. Here's my version:

Buffalo Cauliflower & Chicken Casserole

Ingredients

1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets

6 tbs. Frank's hot sauce
1 tbs. paprika
2 tbs. garlic powder
1 tbs. freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 lb. chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
1/3 cup minced green onion

Preheat oven to 400. Put hot sauce, spices and olive oil in a large bowl and mix. Add cauliflower florets and toss to coat.

Spread cauliflower out in a 9x13 greased baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes, tossing once.

Meanwhile, add chicken to bowl with remaining sauce and seasonings. Toss to coat the meat. When cauliflower is done, remove from oven and scatter chicken on top. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven. Bake for another 15 minutes.


Scatter with minced green onion.




I'm not a food photographer.
It was yummier than it looks
Like I said, this dish was amazing and I'll be making it again. I served it with a very small salad on the side because I liked the contract between hot and spicy and cool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment