Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Asian Style Turkey Meatballs and Broiled Bok Choy

Last night I decided to find a recipe to use up my extra lean ground turkey breast and stumbled across various recipes for Asian-style Turkey Meatballs. Some had bread crumbs added, some had things that aren't on plan so I improvised. 

My Asian-style Turkey Meatballs

Ingredients

  • 1 lb extra lean ground turkey breast
  • 1/2 scallion finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp fish sauce 
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp soy sauce

Directions:

broiled bok choy
Mix together and form meatballs. You could bake them but I browned them and cooked them in a skillet with 1 1/2 tsp of canola oil. I cooked on medium low until done. After cooking, this equaled 2 green servings. 


Green

Then for the green portion of my meal, I broiled baby bok choy. Just cut the bok choy in half, spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with a bit of salt and broil for 5-7 minutes. Serve. I drizzled a bit of Frank's hot sauce on mine. 


I also served mine with some steamed broccoli to get in my servings of green.

Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment